Thursday, May 5, 2011

Image Hoard: Morbid Fascination

I know, I know.  Halloween is still a long way off but I just can't resist anything to do with skulls/death/headhunting/etc.  Here are a few gems that I have found recently...

Left: Original Fake Skull Kiss T-shirt design

I love Nicki Minaj and her HUGE arse.  But I love her even more when she puts on a Versace dress and tribal body paint to pose for V Magazine.  You can check out the rest of the pics and the article here.
The Original Fake T-shirt must be last season, because I can't find it on the website anymore.  I thought it was pretty rad.

Left: Dayak Trophy Skull
Right: Poster for a House of Fairy Tales event

The Dayak are a people from Borneo who were a headhunting culture.  The skull here is a decorated trophy from such an outing.  I drew this one and posted the pic in a previous blog.

Left: Dayak Chief
Right: Crystal Renn by Terry Richardson

This fella was a Dayak Chief, king of the headhunters.  Check out his feathers; I dig his shield too.  Good legs.
I did warn you that I was obsessed with Crystal Renn, and here's another image from the Feast editorial for French Vogue.

O Grave, Where is Thy Victory by Jan Toorop, 1892

No comments:

Post a Comment